About Prusa Original Prusa i3 MK2 Kit
Original Prusa i3 is the newest design of upgradable 3D printer with many improvements. All parts of this 3D printer are Open Source and are part of the RepRap project. Now you have great opportunity to buy one directly from the author Josef PrÅ¯Å¡a and support further development.
Technical specifications (May 2016 edition):
- 31% bigger build volume â€“ 10500 cm3 (25 x 21 x 20 cm or 9.84 x 8.3 x 8 in)
- New MK42 HeatBed
- Open frame design for easy use
- Integrated LCD and SD card controller (8GB included)
- Up to 40% faster printing thanks to the geniune E3D V6 Full hotend
- 0.4mm nozzle (easily changeable) for 1.75 mm filament
- Layer height from 0.05 mm
- Automatic mesh bed levelling
- Heatbed with cold corners compensation â€“ for warpless 3D printing from any material
- Hassle free PEI print surface - no glass, no glue, no ABS juice
- Supported materials â€“ PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, Flex PP, Ninjaflex, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, Bamboofill, Bronzefill, ASA, T-Glase, Carbon-fibers enhanced filaments, Polycarbonates...
- Easy multicolor printing based on layer height
- 1 kg (2 lbs) PLA filament included
- Average power consumption 70 W (printing PLA) or 110 W (printing ABS), exterior dimensions 42 x 42 x 38 cm (16.5 x 16.5 x 15 inches), weight 6.5 kg (14 lbs), CE certification
- Specially optimized firmware for quiet printing
We use best possible components and don't settle for low quality. Most of the parts are made or sourced here in Czech Republic, where the printer is assembled. One great example of premium quality is RAMBo electronics we source directly from Ultimachine (USA). RAMBo doesn't use pololu style drivers, which often fail and needs replacement. With hundreds of printers shipped we had only one fail, and that was when customer spilled beer on the electronics ;-)
We use genuine E3D hotend and also the best GT2 belts to get great resolution.
Printer frame is from milled powder coated Dural. It is really important as wood or acrylic can warp under the heat from the heated bed. It also makes a very sturdy printer which doesn't need any additional support structures as you may see on budget versions around the internet.
The Original Prusa i3 MK2 is also available fully assembled.